Manuka honey in Australia is highly known for its health benefits. But did you know that it can also do wonders for your skin? Women often complain that they cannot find the right combination of oils for their skin type, so we have decided to share a natural manuka honey based facial product that has helped many achieve a flawless skin.
Although it may sound strange, this honey is an effective way to enhance the appearance of your skin. It contains natural anti-bacterial properties, enzymes and probiotics that are very good for skin. In addition, manuka honey is gentler than over-the-counter facial products, meaning that it gently nourishes the skin. Below are the 6 steps you need to follow to get a glowing and beautiful looking skin.
1. First of all, you need to clean your skin. For this purpose you can use a face wash formula of your preference or clean the skin with coconut oil or plain yogurt.
2. Choose a high-quality manuka honey, which is 100% raw and contains a bio active 12+ or above (this strength describes its anti-bacterial effects). All this will ensure that you are getting a manuka honey that is as close as possible to its natural state and offers more health benefits.
3. Get your skin lightly wet. This will make the application easier.
4. One tablespoon of manuka honey should be enough to get the whole face covered.
5. Leave the honey on your face for around 15 to 20 minutes. This time is enough for the anti-bacterial effects to take place.
6. Wash the honey off your face with warm water and pat dry. Enjoy your soft skin!
If you think this is too good to be true and still wonder why manuka honey is so great for your skin, read on.
Manuka honey in Australia is produced by bees that feed on the native Australian manuka plant. Although the plant is a little different from New Zealand’s one, they both contain the same anti-inflammatory properties. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, this honey can help reduce redness and heal inflamed or congested skin and eczema. Plus, the honey oxygenates pores to take out bacteria, thus improving acne prone areas. Manuka honey can also promote skin regeneration, lessens scarring, repair cellular damage and even inhibit MMP, enzymes that destroy collagen.
So when purchasing manuka honey in Australia, keep in mind that to truly feel its beauty benefits, the honey has to be graded 12+.