One of the most essential pieces of equipment that every commercial facility needs in order to be kept clean is the cleaning trolley, also known as the janitorial cart. As insignificant as it may seem, having one (or multiple, depending on the size of the facility and the number of cleaning staff) can make the cleaning process not only much easier and convenient but also significantly safer.
Unfortunately, there’s not a lot of information when it comes to what you need to look for when searching for a janitorial cart for sale, which can make buying the right one a rather cumbersome process for business managers. That being said, I’ve done most of the leg work for you by reviewing some of the best cleaning carts available on today’s market, hoping to help you out to make the right buying decision.
Rubbermaid Commercial Cleaning Cart
The Rubbermaid Commercial Cleaning Cart is probably the best commercial janitorial cart for sale you’ll find. It’s ideal for various facilities, allowing the cleaning staff to store all of the essential supplies they may need. It features 3 shelves that are easy to pull in and out, helping you to organise the supplies tidily and access them conveniently. Further, it features a zipped yellow bag that’s ideal for relocating the laundry. It’s constructed of non-rusting and easy-to-clean aluminium and structural web plastic, and it’s equipped with non-marking wheels, making it easy to pull over.
Carlisle Polyethylene Long Platform Cart
The body of this cleaning cart is made of durable polypropylene that’s crack-, peel-, and corrosion-resistant, making it suitable for use even in the most rugged industrial environments. It comes with 3 durable and smooth shelves that let you categorise all of your cleaning supplies and equipment tidily, ensuring you have everything you need to move around and clean large areas. It also features a 25-gallon large nylon bag where you can store waste or laundry.
Rubbermaid Housekeeping Service Cart
The Rubbermaid Housekeeping Service Cart is ideal for housekeeping services as it has 40% extra space than traditional carts, allowing you to save a lot of time that would otherwise be spent on retrieving supplies. When you look at its construction, it features durable wheels and quiet casters to make sure you don’t wake up guests when moving it through the hallway. Additionally, it comes with removable caddies and bins that allow you to restock items before you start your duties in order to improve productivity.
Housekeeping Room Service Cart
The Hotel Room Service Cart features the perfect design for hotel cleaning staff as it can accommodate almost every piece of cleaning equipment in one cart. It has an adjustable wire shelf for storing cleaning and linen products, plus 2 waste bags. It weighs just over 30kg, it’s 990mm high, 540mm wide and 1450 long. It features a heavy-duty polypropylene construction, making it durable, as well as resistant to corrosion, peeling and cracking.
There are many other cleaning and service carts available today, and you generally need to look for the same qualities if you want to make sure you get a product that will serve your staff well and will stand up to the environment it’s used in. Some of the important qualities and factors you’ll have to consider include the following.
- The cart’s surface area – You basically want to make sure the cart can be maneuvered over the type of surface that your facility has. For instance, some carts can’t be easily pushed around on hard surface floors or carpets, where you’ll typically need large rubber wheels;
- The noise the cart makes – If the cart is going to be used in a hotel during night shifts, you want the wheels to be as silent as possible as to not disturb the guests;
- The cart’s size – Carts come in a wide range of sizes, so you should consider the size of your facility and the number of cleaning equipment and supplies your cleaning staff will need to effectively clean it without having to go back and forth to the supplies room to restock. However, larger is not always better, as you’ll want the cart to be easily maneuverable through the narrowest places in your facility;
- The handles – The handles should be as far away from the trash container as possible for sanitary and health reasons;
- The cart’s aesthetics – As insignificant as this may seem, the cart is a reflection of the professionalism of your cleaning workers. That being said, you’ll want an aesthetically-pleasing cart that’s kept in a good condition.
And if you want to take it a step further, there are many recyclable janitor carts that help promote sustainability – something that more and more cleaning managers and contractors focus on. Consulting your cleaning and housekeeping staff can be of huge help when choosing between several different models, because after all – they’ll be the ones using it.